Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

If THAT Can Be Classified As Torture...

Interesting what passes for torture in today's society...

At times, Zubaydah, still weak from his wounds, was stripped and placed in a cell without a bunk or blankets. He stood or lay on the bare floor, sometimes with air conditioning adjusted so that, one official said, Zubaydah seemed to turn blue. At other times, the interrogators piped in deafening blasts of music by groups like the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Sometimes, the interrogator would use simpler techniques, entering his cell to ask him to confess.

I had my yearly physical today. I was forced to sit in a cold exam room. While not naked, I might as well have been with the thin gown I was given. I was forced to listen to horrendous "elevator music". I was placed in uncomfortable positions and prodded with cold instruments. I am contacting the local Human Rights Watch and ACLU of GA tomorrow.

No comments: