Search This Blog

Monday, September 18, 2006

Red Belly = Torture

Oh the humanity... Reports have surfaced about the horrendous interrogation techniques that the evil Bush Administration wants approved for the poor widdle jihadists. (Chickenhawk Salute to Little Green Footballs) I am truly appalled...

Details emerged yesterday about the seven interrogation techniques the CIA is seeking to be allowed to apply to terror suspects. Newsweek magazine reported that a New York lawyer, Scott Horton, who has acted as an adviser to the US senate on interrogation methods, had acquired a list of the techniques. The details were corroborated by information obtained by the charity Human Rights Watch.

The techniques sought by the CIA are: induced hypothermia; forcing suspects to stand for prolonged periods; sleep deprivation; a technique called "the attention grab" where a suspect's shirt is forcefully seized; the "attention slap" or open hand slapping that hurts but does not lead to physical damage; the "belly slap"; and sound and light manipulation.

Damn - I'm turning my brother in to Human Rights Watch. Who knew that all those "red bellies" he subjected me to were covered in the Geneva Conventions?

I'm also filing a complaint against every healthcare facility I've worked at in my 25 years of nursing because of the prolonged standing and sleep deprivation I was exposed to. I always thought it was a crime...

So let's me see if I've got this straight - Red Belly - Bad. Beheading - Okay. Sleep Deprivation -Bad. Torture with electric drills - Okay. Standing for long periods - bad. Murder by airplane - okay.

yeah - that makes sense...

Stop the ACLU wants to know why "titty twisters" & "wedgies" are not on the list.

No comments: