Search This Blog

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Counting Down The Days...


We're getting down to the wire with the pending birth of my first grandson, Boston James. My daughter is due on the 13th of August but her doctor says it could be any day now.

There are really no words to describe the feelings of anticipation, joy, love and yes, even fear that I am going through right now. I feel like I'm sitting on the edge of a pin - every time the phone rings I almost jump outta my skin. The previous 8 1/2 months have flown by but now time seems to be at a standstill.

Just thinking about seeing my grandson for the first time makes my eyes fill with tears. I can't wait to feel his little body in my arms and look into the eyes of our next generation. Geez, I'm getting teary just typing this post... Who said the mommy to be is the only one with hormone surges.

So while we wait in heart stopping anticipation for little Boston to make his appearance, blogging may be sporadic. It's hard enough to keep focused on my "real" job right now. Then again there may be days that I make several posts on the blog when my anxiety gauge pegs the red line. If there are several days without any posts, you'll know that Boston has decided to make his debut.

In the meantime keep us all in your prayers. This child is a blessing - just one of the many that I am fortunate to count in my life. I can't wait to spoil another grandchild. Olivia already has me tied around her little fingers but there is more than enough room for more! My Mom was so right when she said that grandchildren were so much more fun than your own children.

No comments: