Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Random Thoughts on Super Tuesday - UPDATED

UPDATE II: As I head off to bed, it looks like GA has decided to go for Huckabee. Needless to say, I'm embarrassed for my State. But what could I expect from the state of Jimmy Carter and Cynthia McKinney. Romney and McCain are separated by about 3% points and the suburbs and urban areas are still not counted. Huckabee won by carrying the rural counties - what a shocker. All Huckabee had to say was Baptist Minister and that vote was cinched.

Anyway, I'm taking some NyQuil and snuggling in for a good sleep. I just can't believe that my choice for President will be between a Dem and McCain. Frankly it makes me want to take a double dose of NyQuil. I wish I was attending CPAC this week cause I would stand up and turn my back on McCain. Childish - maybe but it would make me feel better.

UPDATE: Looks like the Huckster and McCain have been less than truthful about their collusion against Romney (and the Conservatives)...

From FoxNews.com - But before Huckabee’s surprising turnaround in the second round, McCain delegates told FOX News they had been instructed by the campaign to throw their support to Huckabee.

McCain delegate John Vuolo said former Louisiana Gov. Buddy Roemer approached him and other McCain supporters at the convention and told them he had spoken to McCain, and that the best thing to do was to support Huckabee in the hope that Huckabee could beat Romney in this winner-take-all state.


That account could add fuel to Romney’s claim that Huckabee is only undercutting his support base, and that a vote for Huckabee is a vote for McCain. Huckabee has fiercely denied that claim.

Huckabee told FOX News Tuesday after his win that there’s no “personal animosity” between him and Romney, but that Romney has initiated most of the attacks on him while McCain has treated him with respect.


Yes I know this is completely legal and is part & parcel of politics. BUT Huckster's repeated claims of being a pious straight forward "in it to win it" turns out to be a flat out lie. All those voting for Huck because of his evangelical background are nothing more than pawns for McCain.

And can someone PLEASE point me in the direction of any attacks Romney has initiated against Huckster?

After hearing this, I crawled out of bed (flu and all) and drove to the polls and cast my vote for Romney. I felt so freakin' bad that I was really thinking about not voting but this jolted me outta bed and to the polls.

Just some random thoughts on Super Tuesday -

What little speck of respect I had for Mike Huckabee is gone now. What a loon! First it's Hannity is on the take with the Romney campaign and now Romney is suppressing votes? Come on fella - be a big boy and deal with it. It's called politics. I hate to burst Huck's bubble but all his dreams of being Veep for McCain are for naught - can anyone say Lindsey Graham?

I heard raspy Bill Kristol on Fox and Friends calling those against McCain victims of McCain Derangement Syndrome. Frankly I think that should be used for those supporting McCain. After all it takes someone without fully functional thought processes to support the Maverick over Romney. My dislike for McCain goes way back and is much more than his RINO status. He is a nasty little man. Case in point, his comments about Rick Santorum's statement about McCain's temperment. "Why would I listen to someone who lost their Senate seat?"

I got a telephone poll the other day and it asked who I would vote for outta McCain, Romney and Huck. I voted for Romney. It then asked who would be my second choice. I picked Huck only because the other option was McCain. After the thank you for voting statement, it was revealed that the call was from the McCain for President campaign. Since then we have been bombarded with McCain robocalls including one from Saxby Chambliss. If anything the robocalls just piss me off more...

I will be dragging my flu ravaged body to the polls later this afternoon to cast my vote for Romney in the GA primary. I can't let a little thing like severe body aches and a temp of 102 degrees keep me from voting against McCain. I look forward to seeing the results this evening. Hopefully the Republicans in GA will rally around Mitt and stick their finger in McCain's eye.

No comments: