Search This Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Remembering Tony Snow

My heart sank this AM when I heard that Tony Snow had passed away after a long courageous battle with colon cancer. I can't say it any better than President Bush...

"America has lost a devoted public servant and a man of character," President Bush said in a statement from Camp David, where he was spending the weekend. "It was a joy to watch Tony at the podium each day. He brought wit, grace, and a great love of country to his work.

Tony was one of my favorites and when he took the WH Press Secretary position I literally stood up and cheered. He turned the WH press corps on their head and gave it back to them in a way no one else had ever done. Here is one of my favorite moments...




My condolences and prayers to the family and friends of Tony Snow. He will truly be missed.

No comments: