Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

How to Keep a Positive Outlook With Less Than a Month To Go

I admit it... I am a bit down in the dumps. The polls keep trending toward The One. Despite my brain telling me that polls are nothing more than a roll of the dice, my heart keeps thinking "oh crap". Even Brit Hume made some comment about how it was looking like it was going to be "president obama". (excuse me - i just threw up a little in my mouth just typing that phrase) It's a good thing I didn't have anything close by that I could chunk at the TV.

Anyway I jumped on the 'puter to rub salt in my wounds when low and behold I came across this comment over at HotAir. It made me laugh out loud and I realized just how ridiculous it is to be fretting over this. Too much 24 hour news can rot your brain and alter your perceptions.

So here is a way to keep a positive outlook despite what the media is reporting and what they are saying about the polls...

HOW TO START EACH DAY WITH A POSITIVE OUTLOOK
1. Create an empty folder on your computer.

2. Name it ‘Barack Obama’.

3. Send it to the Recycle Bin.

4. Empty the Recycle Bin.

5. Your PC will ask you: ‘Do you really want to get rid of ‘Barack Obama?’

6. Firmly Click ‘Yes.’

7. Feel better?


I tried it and it actually worked. I feel better now and plan on starting each day with this little exercise in positive thinking. Add in my favorite Scarlett O'Hara line and I'm all set. "I'll think about it tomorrow" If we end up the President BO, I'll have that tattoed on the back of my hands...

No comments: