Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm BACK - Scarred But Still Fiesty

I am back from the "dark side" and slowly moving back to some normalcy (or my new normalcy). I'm in my new home with my stuff and have it fixed up my way. I have my office set up and have been working for a week now. It took me a while to figure out my internet hookup for my personal use but I did it. I am still shaky emotionally but getting better every day. My meds have kicked in and the depression seems to be under control for now.

My new place is SOOO quiet that it's spooky. I'm used to constant activity and phones ringing, etc. Now it's just me. The soon to be ex had the papers drawn up and tried to bully me into signing them but this redhead still has some fight left in her. My response was "I'll give them to my attorney and have her look over them before I sign". Every time he asked me "has the attorney looked over the papers yet" I came back at him with "every time you ask me that I'm adding a week to me signing them." Kinda caught him off guard cause he was hoping that in my emotional and mental state I would just go along with him. FAT CHANCE. I've met with my attorney and the counter-offer is being worked up.

I don't have cable hooked up yet but I have been listening to Rush, Sean and others while I'm working. I missed all the inaugueration hoopla as that was the day the movers came. I am slowly easing back into the political and current events world. I still have not gotten used to hearing "President Obama" and probably never will.

I do want to say thank you to all that have been praying for me and posting encouragement and sending emails telling me to "get out of the fetal position". They have helped more than you will ever know.

If there is one piece of advice that I can give it's this - NEVER let yourself become dependent on someone else. Stand up for yourself and watch your money. Don't let a bully beat you emotionally and then toss you out like garbage. No one is worth that. Just call me a bitter woman clinging to my Bible and my guns... but at least I'm starting to feel human again.

No comments: