Search This Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Recommended Reading From Chickenhawk Express

One of the many benefits of being single again is getting to catch up on my reading. I am an avid reader (have been since I started reading) and read just about anything and everything. Now I can read to my heart's content without someone bitching at me about "having a book in front of my face". I even went to the library in my new little town and got a library card.

I just finished "Lone Survivor - The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of Seal Team 10" by Marcus Luttrell. The book was fascinating in many ways and actually brought tears to my eyes. The descriptions of the training required for Navy SEALS was unbelievable and gave me even more admiration for these heroes. The tragedy of Operation Redwing and the subsequent helicopter crash was absolutely spell-binding. If you have any doubt about the honor, service and dedication of our Fighting Forces, this book will completely change your way of thinking.

I can't recommend this book strongly enough for anyone who wants a small glimpse into the heroes that put their lives on the line for us. If you haven't read it, go get it now. You won't be able to put it down.

If you have any recommendations on books that I should read, let me know. I have "Atlas Shrugged" and "The 5000 Year Leap" on Hold right now but am open to suggestions.

No comments: