Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year 2010

I am quite torn about seeing the year 2009 go away.  It was only 6 days into the new year when my husband decided he no longer wanted to be married.  So I'm sure you are thinking that I would be extremely happy to see this year end.

Well not quite.  You see 2009 was quite a year of firsts for me.  First time living alone.  First time having to deal with a contested divorce.  First time using a rotary lawn mower.  First time (in years) having to pinch pennies and budget my money.  First time I worked 2 1/2 jobs at a time.  First time I was diagnosed with diabetes severe enough to require at least daily fingerstick blood sugars.  First time I joined a trivia team.  First time really focusing on my faith and all the blessings in my life.  First tweet and first facebook post.  First time I haven't seen my granddaughter in 6 months.  First time taking the Homecare Diagnosis Coding Certification (passed with a 90 on the first try).  First time I get to do what I want on New Years Eve.  First time finding out that someone I considered a friend was nothing more than a lying POS.  The list could go on and on...

2009 was also quite a year for blessings in my life.  I reconnected with my parents in the most profound way - not only are they my parents but now they are my best friends.  My kids and I are closer than ever.  I have gotten to spend nothing but fun and play time with my grandson and watch him grow.  I re-joined the church and renewed some long neglected friendships.  I've made more friends that I truly love and trust. I am in a home that I love with landlords that are the best and in a quiet neighborhood with kind and thoughtful neighbors.  I have just enough yard to "play in" without feeling overwhelmed.  I have a wonderful job working for a great company that gives me opportunities to grow and learn. I started another blog - Discarded Spouses - so I can impart some of what I've learned to those that may be hurting. My cup literally overfloweth.

I have learned to love myself - just the way I am.  I don't have to pretend to be something I'm not just to get along.  I live according to my values which has brought me great peace.  I have learned to love the quietness of living alone.  I have learned that I am loved unconditionally and not just by God.

So while 2009 has turned out to be a good year despite it's dark beginning, I am looking forward to 2010 and all that it may bring.

May God Bless You in the New Year.

No comments: