Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The New Political Landscape is BROWN

Not having the benefit of cable, I had to follow the MA election returns via Twitter and Facebook while getting my weekly dose of American Idol. Can I get a HOT DAMN? My Dad - ever the pessimist- when it comes to elections and beating the Dems, said this would never happen. Needless to say, I called him and said "Guess who won the election?" I think he fell outta his chair when I told him that Brown won.

The reaction across the Net is crazy - from "The Scott Heard Round the World" to "Great Scott". I haven't ventured over to the DUmp - just don't want to get icky since I've already had my shower.

Here are some tidbits from the Dems on this incredible victory for THE PEOPLE!

The White House's "official response"...

"This evening the President spoke to both candidates in the hard-fought Massachusetts Senate race. The President congratulated Senator Brown on his victory and a well-run campaign. The President told Senator Brown that he looks forward to working with him on the urgent economic challenges facing Massachusetts families and struggling families across our nation.
The President thanked Attorney General Coakley for her hard work and urged her to continue her advocacy on behalf of working people.”


And what a difference an election makes... Now even Barney Frank is singing a new tune (emphasis mine)...

“I have two reactions to the election in Massachusetts. One, I am disappointed. Two, I feel strongly that the Democratic majority in Congress must respect the process and make no effort to bypass the electoral results. If Martha Coakley had won, I believe we could have worked out a reasonable compromise between the House and Senate health care bills. But since Scott Brown has won and the Republicans now have 41 votes in the Senate, that approach is no longer appropriate. I am hopeful that some Republican Senators will be willing to discuss a revised version of health care reform because I do not think that the country would be well-served by the health care status quo. But our respect for democratic procedures must rule out any effort to pass a health care bill as if the Massachusetts election had not happened. Going forward, I hope there will be a serious effort to change the Senate rule which means that 59 votes are not enough to pass major legislation, but those are the rules by which the health care bill was considered, and it would be wrong to change them in the middle of the process.”

Gee - sounds so much more "bipartisan" since the election.  Guess a serious ass-whipping makes you a little more humble (I know - I mentioned Barney Frank and ass-whipping in the same post).  Wait a few days and we'll see more of Frank's spitting and sputtering I'm sure.

Brown's acceptance speech was awesome - threw in a couple of digs at the Dems and the Washington establishment and did have some nice comments about Ted Kennedy. I'm not going to post the speech here cause it is saturating the Internet as I type.

But the best line of the night goes to Rush Limbaugh via Andrew Breitbart - "This one's for you, Mary Jo".

While tonight is a great night for the people who value the Constitution and our Country, we can't let our guard down or slack off. The Libs will be pushing even harder to get their craptacular crap passed anyway they can. Plus we have a big election coming up in November that we have to get ready for.

But for tonight I just want to scream from the rooftops...

CAN. YOU. HEAR. THE. TEAPARTIERS. NOW?

No comments: