Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Another Deal Maker? Not If I Have Anything To Do With it!

I am a Cruz supporter - I decided to support him from the moment I heard his announcement speech but I had followed him since he was running for the Senate.  I had Trump listed as my backup.  I thought Trump was an asset to the race - an attention grabber who didn't speak politically correct bullcrap.

The past few weeks have me rethinking about my backup choice.  The Trump attacks against Cruz were annoying at first but I figured it was simply "politics".  Then came all the Birther crap coupled with the personal attacks.  Those really stuck in my craw but still had Trump as my #2 man.

Trump then blasted Cruz for calling McConnell out on the Senate floor.  Trump said that HE wouldn't be like that - that he knows how to make deals and get along with people.  HELLO!!!??? Isn't that what we have been fighting against for the past 8 years??  A Congress that decided that reaching across the aisle and getting along was more important than doing what they were elected to do?  Reaching backroom deals that were killing our country while smiling and telling us how they had no choice?  Yet Trump still has a majority of support?  Has the world gone mad?

Today Trump said that he supported Ethanol subsidies - not just supported them but wanted to increase them.  People this is BIG GOVERNMENT at its worst!  It is another taxpayer funded scam that lines the pockets of big business while literally doing nothing for alternative fuel research. This is NOT a conservative position no matter how you try to spin it.  Not to mention that Trump was reading from a prepared script and I doubt he knows what all those abbreviations actually mean.

Trump is also touting that establishment members from the left and the right are contacting him about giving him their support.  WHAT.THE.HELL?? This is what we want in a candidate??

Not me - I don't want a progressive in conservative clothing.  I want a TRUE conservative who not only says the right things but does the right things. The one that has stuck by his beliefs even when it was not popular. It may not be "hip"or "cool" but THAT is what is going to get our country back on track.

I'm not willing to make a deal on the backs of my grandchildren's future not matter what "Mama Grizzly" says.  It's a deal breaker for me.


No comments: