Search This Blog

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Clinton Claims Fox & Right Wing Set Up During Interview

Oh man - this just gets better and better. Wanna see just how bad the Path to 9/11 got to Bill Clinton? It is just eating him up (I guess that's what happens when you see your "legacy" get flushed down the water saving toilet). Chris Wallace's interview with the former President does not air until tomorrow but Sweetness & Light has got some of the transcripts. (They are posted in the comments section).

According to Clinton, all we have to do is read Richard Clarke's book to find out the REAL truth. Now that in itself is a scream because so much of Clarke's book has been debunked as truth stretching. But then he really goes off the cliff when he starts claiming the interview was a set up for Fox News and that no one on the "other side" every gets grilled like he does. Here's a couple of snippets from the transcript...

"I will answer all of those things on the merits but I want to talk about the context of which this…arises. I’m being asked this on the FOX network…ABC just had a right wing conservative on the Path to 9/11 falsely claim that it was based on the 911 commission report with three things asserted against me that are directly contradicted by the 9/11 commission report. I think it’s very interesting that all the conservative Republicans who now say that I didn’t do enough, claimed that I was obsessed with Bin Laden. All of President Bush’s neocons claimed that I was too obsessed with finding Bin Laden when they didn’t have a single meeting about Bin Laden for the nine months after I left office. All the right wingers who now say that I didn’t do enough said that I did too much. Same people."

Notice that he claims the Path of 9/11 had three things asserted against him that contradicted the 9/11 Commission Report. THREE things? If he only had a beef with 3 things, then it's no wonder he is unhinged. The movie was close to 6 hours long and he only has 3 things. Funny I really didn't see anything grossly exaggerated by the movie - if anything it went TOO easy on Clinton. I do love it when it reminds people (several times during the interview) that the Bush Administration was only in office for 8 months (he said 9 but that's another fact that he gets wrong).

CLINTON: Did you ever ask that? You set this meeting up because you were going to get a lot of criticism from your viewers because Rupert Murdoch is going to get a lot of criticism from your viewers for supporting my work on Climate Change. And you came here under false pretenses and said that you’d spend half the time talking about…
WALLACE: [laughs]
CLINTON: You said you’d spend half the time talking about what we did out there to raise $7 billion dollars plus over three days from 215 different commitments. And you don’t care.


Damn that Rupert Murdoch and FoxNews! Clinton was right about one thing - we DON'T CARE about his ridiculous fundraising efforts for Climate Change. It's just another boondoggle to get some cash flowing which will probably be siphoned under the table to Hillary's Presidential Campaign. Climate Change? What a freakin' joke...

Here's the final snip and it's a doozy!

CLINTON: No you intended to move your bones by doing this first. But I don’t mind people asking me. I actually talked o the 9/11 commission for four hours and I told them the mistakes I thought I made. And I urged them to make those mistakes public because I thought none of us had been perfect. But instead of anybody talking about those things. I always get these clever little political…where they ask me one sided questions… It always comes from one source.

Clinton must have been thinking about his exploits in the White House when he said "move your bones". Hey Dumb Ass - it's MAKE your bones. And if he doesn't mind people asking him about bin Laden, why are his panties in such a wad? Could it be because someone in the media is actually ASKING him questions instead of lobbing softballs? He can't hide behind "private testimony" or a bank of lawyers with nasty threatening letters in the interview. He has to sit there and take it like a man. Except he didn't take it like a man - he took it like a big zero who can't bear the thought of an legacy of failure.

Clinton only wags his finger when he is trying to cover his ass. Forget "Wag the Dog" - with Clinton it's "Wag the Finger". I am looking forward to seeing this interview so I can watch his nose get bigger.

No comments: