Search This Blog

Monday, December 10, 2007

When It Rains, It Pours...

Just when you think your life is stable and things are going good, you get slammed with bombshell after bombshell that literally leaves you shell-shocked and in a stupor. That is how my life is right now.

The death of my grandfather over Thanksgiving weekend was just the beginning of an avalanche of stress-filled events that have rocked my world (and not in a good way). The week of my grandfather's funeral, I found out that the company I work for has been sold. While it is a good thing for the company, it has left our entire office in chaos. No one knows what they will be doing come Jan 1 when the sale is complete. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING will be changed including job duties. We know that we all have jobs but what those jobs will involve is an unknown. Not exactly a comfort especially during the holidays.

THEN my daughter's significant other was fired (the 2nd time since August) and tossed out of the home they were renting from her fiancee's boss (they moved in 1 month ago). If it was just my daughter, it would have been a worrisome event but there is my 3 month old grandson to think about. Blessedly my daughter woke up from her "love stupor" to realize what a loser she was hooked up with and begged for help to get out of the situation. Of course, Mom and the rest of the family jumped to her defense and she is now back home with us. So our house is upside down with bags and boxes everywhere while we attempt to get my daughter and the baby situated in our home.

This is really tough and heartbreaking. We've laid down some serious rules and the consequences for breaking the rules means she moves out but the baby stays with us. I cannot and will not allow my grandson to be raised in an environment of instability and emotional turmoil with a black hole for a future. My daughter has to finish college and get her life together - not only for her sake but for the sake of her son. Thankfully my daughter has matured a great deal since she found out she was pregnant and she is an excellent mommy so that is a big positive. But it's not going to be easy, for her or for us - but in the long run it will be worth it.

So... there you have it. This means that I have priorities right now that usurp my love for blogging. I'm going to take some time off from daily postings for now. I'll still pop up with a post or two here and there but I have much to do for my family right now. I WILL be back full-time and with probably more fire than ever after the holidays.

So Merry Christmas and may God's blessings be with you all. Please keep my family in your prayers during this stressful time.

No comments: