Search This Blog

Sunday, February 03, 2008

A Night at the Circus

Friday night I took a much needed break from all the daily stressors and the politics and took Olivia to the circus. This was her first circus. Granddaddy and I were almost as excited as she was.

I must say that Ringling Brothers does a magnificent job entertaining young and old alike. The pre-show activities were a blast - Olivia got to juggle with one of the performers, wear a circus costume and swing on a trapeze. Pretty big stuff for a 3 1/2 year old.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Ringling Brothers is a member of America Supports You and has made some trips to entertain our soldiers overseas. Even more of a pleasant surprise was the playing of the National Anthem prior to the start of the show. After I learned that I wasn't so concerned about spending $10 for a bag of cotton candy with a "free hat" or anything else.

One thing was bizarre. I know the snowcones inside the clown head mugs was supposed to be cute but it was kinda creepy to me. Olivia just had to have one. But her expression reminds me of Kate Capshaw's when she was served cold monkey brains in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

No comments: