Search This Blog

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Here Comes Grandma!


Our family is growing again... My daughter is pregnant with her first baby - my grandchild. When Jenn came over to tell me, she was so worried that I would be upset (she's got a little over a year before she's finished college). UPSET? I was ecstatic! I don't know who cried more - me or her. Sure it's gonna be hard and it's not exactly the chronological order that I would have preferred but Who Cares? My baby is going to have a baby. I get teary eyed just thinking about it.

She had her first MD appt this week. She's 11 weeks along and doing great. They did an ultrasound and my little angel has all the parts it is supposed to have at this point. Too early to tell if it's a girl or a boy. The sex doesn't matter - I can spoil a boy just as easily as I can spoil a girl. I worked late the day Jenn had the ultrasound. When I got home there was a baby bib hanging on the back door that said "I Love My Grandma" and one of the ultrasound pics was tucked inside. Yes - I cried like... like... a grandma.

We have a granddaughter, Olivia, who is 2 1/2. She is the daughter of my stepson and his wife. Olivia ( or Doodlebug as her granddaddy and I call her) will be just the right age to have another baby around. (Jenn's due in August). Our house is full of toys and kids stuff with just one grandbaby - I guess we'll have to add on a room with another on the way.

My mother was right, as usual. Your children are special gifts from God that you love with all of your heart. But there is something magical about grandchildren. I guess it's because you don't have to deal with the day to day craziness of parenting. You just get to have fun. Olivia is such a joy. I can't walk past a store without finding something that I think Olivia would like or look cute in or have fun with. Now I get to share my grandma lovin' with my daughter's baby. I can't wait!

I've already found something that this new grandbaby has got to have...

No comments: