Search This Blog

Friday, May 18, 2007

Jerking the Knees on the Immigration Bill

I hesitated to post anything about the proposed immigration bill because of the complete meltdown by many on the Right. FreeRepublic is in complete "scanners" mode (remember the head exploding scene?) Every where I look there's just more of the same - "Bush has screwed us", "Say goodbye to America" and other such nonsense. Instead of Bush Derangement Syndrome, we now have full-blown IDS - Immigration Derangement Syndrome... It's Dubai Ports and Harriet Miers all rolled into one big nervous breakdown.

Captain Ed over at Captain's Quarters has one of the most well thought-out and rational posts on the proposed immigration bill. I heartily encourage all to read it and THINK about it.

While you are reading Chasing the Pipe Dream, chew on this... NOTHING has been released in writing yet. What everyone is getting into a tizzy about is information published by the MSM. Now the MSM's track record on reporting the "full story" in a non-opinion biased manner is -5000 so why should I trust anything they report about the immigration bill? I'll wait and read the bill when it comes out in print and formulate my own opinion about it. My knees have been put through enough trauma in their 46 years without jerking them wildly over a report by the media.

No comments: