Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

EXPOSED: The Dems Scam Response to SChip - Thank a Freeper

THIS is one of the reasons that I love FReepers (well most of them). Not only was Buckhead (who exposed the Dan Rather Fake but Accurate Memos) a Freepers, but Freepers have been at the forefront of the fight against the enemedia and Murtha to get the truth out about Haditha and the Marines. NOW it turns out it was a Freeper who exposed the fraud perpetrated by the Dems in an effort to play on human heartstrings regarding S-Chip.

Freeper ICWHATUDO decided to do a little research after the child responded to President Bush's Radio Address...

Hello everyone, its been an interesting few days. I had no idea my post about the family used by democrats to push for expansion of the S-CHIP program would cause such a stir. There have been many questions and comments raised about me and my simple Google research that I thought I'd deal with them all on this post if it's ok with the Mods

Of course now that the Dems have been caught red-handed for another fake but accurate incident, they are screaming to high heavens. So ICWHATUDO did a follow up post responding to the red herrings the Dems have been throwing around. His response is so priceless that I am going to post it in full. You can read the whole post and the responses at Free Republic. Stop by the thread and give this intrepid Freeper a virtual high five for doing the job the media won't do....
*************
Left wing sites have begun to hit back, questioning my information. Many are linking to these 5 points from Thinkprogress.org that I will comment on:

"1) Graeme has a scholarship to a private school. The school costs $15K a year, but the family only pays $500 a year."

For all the claims my research was poor...where's your link? $15,000? From my link to the schools tuition page:
Tuition for 2007-2008Lower School $19,530Middle School $19,530Upper School $21,080
Where did you get your information the family was paying $500 per year? Was this from the talking points memo you got from Harry Reid spokesman Jim Manley? Did he tell you how long they’ve had those scholarships? Any idea why the tenant in the commercial building they own, Mike Reilly (who has known the Frosts for 10 years) said See "Update 2:50pm"it was his understanding the children’s grandparents paid the bill?

We can debate the amount they are paying, or the amount the grandparents are contributing, or the amount that is earned through scholarships but the fact remains the family is paying to send their child to a private school while asking others to pay for their health insurance. Are you claiming otherwise?

"2) His sister Gemma attends another private school to help her with the brain injuries that occurred due to her accident. The school costs $23,000 a year, but the state pays the entire cost."

Again no link but I heard this as well. It was why I stated in my article that: "His sister Gemma, also severely injured in the accident, attended the same school PRIOR to the accident"

Its funny how the left wing echo chamber is seizing on this point to somehow show my information was bad. That somehow I was saying she was still attending the Park School. Will you concede that my statement "His sister Gemma, also severely injured in the accident, attended the same school PRIOR to the accident" is 100% true? At the time they choose to not purchase health insurance, prior to the accident, at least 2 of their kids attended Park school.

"3) They bought their “lavish house” sixteen years ago for $55,000 at a time when the neighborhood was less than safe."

Your information is incorrect (and again fails to provide a link). "They" did not buy the house 16 years ago, Mr. Frost bought the home on his own on 11/30/1990. The couple was married in 1992, and it appears his wife paid him $52,500 to be added to the deed on 09/06/2005.
Interesting that on the Department of Assessments and Taxation form under "Principal Residence:" it states "NO". Do they own a second home in addition to the commercial property?

Also, please cut and paste from my article where I said they lived in a "Lavish house". Large house-yes, and nice kitchen from the photo.

"4) Last year, the Frost’s made $45,000 combined. Over the past few years they have made no more than $50,000 combined.

Again no link. What is the source of this claim? Not saying their reported income was not as you state, but as Mr. Frost set up a LLC would you concede its possible that reported income could be different than actual access to financial resources? Maybe those more familiar on why people set up LLC's can tell us what creative things can be done with finances this way.

"5) The state of Maryland has found them eligible to participate in the CHIP program."

Exactly! Thanks for making my point. Even with the private school you admit they are partially paying for, even with the home that is not their primary residence, even with the LLC they set up and purchased commercial property with, even with a tenant in the building they own...they still qualify! So why then do we need to expand the program to families with even higher incomes than the Frosts?

I am also a father of 4 and I live in a waterfront house. We have 2 boats and go to the beach for 2 weeks each year. All 4 of my kids go to private school. If the S-CHIP program is expanded...WE WILL QUALIFY! I'd love to use the savings from others paying for my kids health insurance to buy a new motor for my bass boat but is that what we really want from S-CHIP?

A few other points:
Some blogs, radio shows, etc have incorrectly stated that I claimed their house was bought for $485,000 or was worth $500,000 etc. My actual quote on this was:
"The current market value of their improved 3,040 SF home at 104 S Collington Ave is unknown but 113 S COLLINGTON AVE, also an end unit, sold for $485,000 this past March and it was only 2,060 SF."

I found a similar (actually smaller) home a few doors down that recently sold for $485,000. A Freeper early on in my original post linked a zillow estimate of $360,000. The taxation page assesses the home at $263,140 and we all know assessed values for taxes are lower than market price(at least in Maryland). Are there cheaper homes in the area that have not been renovated yet? Sure, but lets not miss the point here. This is not a family of renters, they own not only a 3,040 SF home but a commercial property as well. I'm not faulting them for it, I'm not trying to say they are rich, I'm trying to make people aware of what types of families are CURRENTLY covered by S-CHIP so we can honestly debate if the income ceiling should be raised.

*****************
BTW I'm thinking of having my tubal ligation reversed so I can get some of the free healthcare and that $5000 bonus for birthing a baby. Heck I think I'll quit my job and just start having babies - sounds pretty lucrative especially if "The Cackle" gets to sit in the Oval Office.

No comments: