Search This Blog

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Scary New Data on Global Warming


A report came out today from top scientists about global warming. After reading the report, I now have concerns about the fate of our earth in regards to global warming. It has me so upset that I am going to check out Al Gore's movie this weekend. Here's snips from the article but first a word of warning - those with faint hearts or nervous stomachs should exit now...

Earth's Temp May Be at 2,000-Year High

"The National Academy of Sciences, reaching that conclusion in a broad review of scientific work requested by Congress, reported Thursday that the "recent warmth is unprecedented for at least the last 400 years and potentially the last several millennia."

Here's the clincher for me....
"Their 155-page report said average global surface temperatures in the Northern Hemisphere rose about 1 degree during the 20th century."

Jeez Louise - one whole freakin' degree in 100 years? That's it? In that case, I think the earth will be at the melting point in say, 1000 years or so. I guess I can put the emergency preparations on hold. YEEHAW Honey, crank up that SUV and the RV and let's drive up and down the highway just to burn some gas!

No comments: