Search This Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2008

I Am Depressed...

WHEW - this week has just sucked the life-force outta me. I started my new job which is a good thing but working from home is not the piece of cake that I thought it would be. I find myself working much longer hours and being so tired of looking at a computer screen all day that I just don't have the energy to blog. But I'm not giving up - I know this is the right thing for me and it is just going to take some time to get myself organized and get a schedule situated. On the plus side - I don't have to pay for gas (my car sat parked all week), I don't have to pay to eat out every day for lunch, no getting up putting on makeup and fixing hair plus the added benefit of working in shorts/tshirt and smoking on the job. Hopefully as I get used to it, things will get more flexible and I'll be able to blog more... After all blogging is very important to me and such an outlet that I feel lost without it.

That's why I'm depressed. I got news this week that should have had me singing from the rooftops. Months ago, before the job craziness, I put my name in the hat to blog at the RNC Convention. I figured "what the heck" - never for one minute thinking that someone from GA who only gets 50 or so hits a day would get selected. Well - I did. I was notified Monday that I was selected to blog at the RNC Convention. Yes - little ol' me is a credentialed member of the media for the convention with access to the press areas and more.

One little problem - well actually 2. First of all - the cost. A 5 night stay in Minn with the cost of airfare, food, etc is so far outta my budget that it is laughable. Second and most important, my job. When I accepted the position I did so with full agreement to not take any time off for the first 90 days. Since I am not independently wealthy and must work for a living, I can't jeopardize my job just for something that I've dreamed about... So there - dream denied. SIGH...

Yes I know with all that is going on in the world, this is a speck on a speck on a flea but DAMN. I guess I'll just blog about the convention while watching it on TV... I'll just print out my notification and save it to show my grandkids when they are older.

No comments: